Thursday, July 23, 2009

Main Theme of 1 John 1:1-10 - Father and Family

A wheel is made up of a hub in the center, spokes that support outward, and the outer rim that holds all together. Here in 1 John 1:1-10 we find that Jesus is the hub.

Our first four verses form one long elliptical sentence from on "that which was from the beginning." We discovered that the "that" is much more than the person Jesus. We see that He is the Life of God manifest in a human body. Jesus is the Logos, the collective thought of God, the Word. I experienced zoon, (ζωη’), eternal life, as God life—for the purpose of complete worship in Christ Jesus.

Letting the Holy Spirit lead me through all this amazing truth let me see more of my Savior. A sweet communion developed. A time of worship of Him as my Lord and my God.

The purpose of the first four verses was to "Declare Jesus Christ."

From this hub: we find two main spokes; that begin with the word "that."
1) That we might have fellowship (1:3)
2) That we might have joy (1:4)

Joy is used only once in this letter; but it is experienced all through this epistle, as an expression of what comes from close fellowship with Christ our Lord.

I had close fellowship with my Lord during this study, and I had sweet fellowship in the Spirit with my Pastor during and after Prayer Meeting last night.

No comments: